Friday, December 5, 2014

This is a review for Trip Advisor from one of my customers.  Many thanks
 
“Want: designer gear, ratchet, sausages, music? They've got it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 23 November 2014
I love this Market. It is truly eclectic. I found a dress designer, Lindy Creeke, who does fabulous line 'Distant Travellers' one offs. Lindy sold me a devine purple silk coat. Get there before she becomes famous and costs heaps more. I found a nice spruiking butcher who does hand made sausages who sold me properly corned beef; I found a spices and organic food lady who sold me some lovely fat cardamom pods to put in my morning coffee, and I found a lady who sold African inspired clothing and accessories who sold me a had-to-have leopard skin print silk scarf. This wasn't the end of it, you can find exotic jewellery, you can find contemporary works by local artists; there is even a lovely man who will make you some furniture, or, you can find antiques here, as well as that tool you haven't been able to lay your hand on, like special spanner. If all of this isn't enough, there is a lady there who will read your Tarot cards.

The Ettalong Markets are open every weekend and they also open on Public Holidays if that day is a Monday. They claim to be the largest undercover market on the Central Coast. The shops are interspersed with cafes, coffee shops and restaurants. The traders consider themselves to be operating shops, rather than stalls, so this creates a different and less urgent dynamic among them. The shop holders are country folk, so they like a bit of a chat. That is a special feature of this market.

Allow yourself at least two hours to browse through the shops and leave enough time for a coffee and cake at the end for show and tell time.
Visited August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment